Monday, April 6, 2009

FAQ for the Bio 9G Essay

Here are the answers to some of the questions I've gotten:

Q: For the paragraphs, do we just answer the questions that you put on the instructions for each paragraph?
A: The instructions say "Be sure to use good essay-writing technique. Have a topic sentence and concluding sentence for each paragraph. " So you are writing an essay paragraph which includes the answer to those questions.


Q: I wrote my introduction and is about 6 lines in length, do I need to elaborate more for my introduction?
A: If you have written an excellent paragraph that addresses all the necessary parts of the instructions, then you do not need to elaborate. If you have not engaged the reader or clearly expressed why this topic is interesting to you, then you do need to elaborate.


Q: I am interested in writing about _____ . Is this okay?
A: If the topic involves how the body works in some way, then it is appropriate. Students have asked about syncope (fainting), sleep apnea, etc. These are all fine.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP